Just like our church, our kids and youth programs are growing! Our outstanding Directors Seth and Angela Johnson are hard at work building teams and structures to outlast them, and are now searching for a full time Family Ministries Pastor to take up the baton of this amazing ministry.
Family Ministries Pastor Job Description:
Date Posted: August 1, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: September 2017
Categories: Family Ministries (Children and Youth) Pastor
Church Size: 425 to 600
Job Type: Full-Time
Capital Life Church:
Our church’s vision statement is: Loving God and equipping people in the D.C. Metro area, as together we impact our world for Jesus Christ. We believe in a 3-fold mission of Christ in you, Christ in your relationships, and Christ in your influence. Our church is located in busy Arlington, VA where we have a uniquely young and transient population. In the past year, our children and youth ministry has doubled in size, and our church as a whole is growing rapidly!
The pastor will develop and cast a vision to plan, coordinate, and execute all facets of Family Ministries, which includes fellowship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. The purpose of this role is to help our young people find and follow Jesus, which will be accomplished by providing leadership, development, and direction for our volunteers and families. The pastor will minister the Kingdom of God to those aged 0-18 in order for them to grow into the image of Christ and equipping them to minister to others. This person will also create and continue sustainable outreach methods to the church and our surrounding communities. The incumbent will report directly to our Lead Pastor.
- Be fully engaged and committed to the mission and vision of Capital Life Church
- Participate in all ministry team meetings and retreats, as well as Orange curriculum’s national conference and regional tour
- Participate in all church services and prayer meetings
- Administrative duties to include: ordering supplies and gifts, maintaining Planning Center, budgeting, setting up and tearing down the Check-In Center, background checks, create promotional materials and branding, and coordinate child care for other ministry events
- Provide all pastoral functions, including hospital visitation, pastor-on-call, weddings, baptisms, and baby dedications
- Perform other duties as determined essential by the Lead Pastor
- Primary leader and communicator for entire children and youth ministry’s programs
- Cultivate a revival lifestyle in children by equipping them to minister to others with the expectation of supernatural results
- Connect appropriately with the children, demonstrating Biblical love, compassion, and concern
- Be aggressive at addressing the real issues that today’s students face, emphasizing the reality that there is no junior Holy Spirit, so nothing is impossible with God
- Implement the Orange curriculum and strategy for children’s ministry, and work with teachers to supplement curricula when needed in the 6th-12th grade ministries
- Develop a comprehensive plan for assimilation of newcomers & new believers (youth only)
- Generate active missions involvement by including children in evangelism and outreach
- Ensure that children and students are fully integrated with the church-at-large
- Oversee ministry events (i.e. Family Movie Nights, Fall Harvest Festival, Promotion Sunday, Nationals baseball game, youth outreach, and Christmas Event) that aim to connect children and families to the Lord and to Capital Life Church
- Create and enforce policies and procedures to provide a safe and secure environment
- Create healthy partnerships with parents/guardians to equip them to disciple their child
- Promote parenting small groups with a Biblical approach to raising children
- Communicate relevant family and parenting resources (i.e. devotionals, social media, apps, etc.) to active church families
- Cast a vision to the team regarding training, coaching, curriculum, parent resources, and events
- Recruit, equip, and oversee upper levels of leadership, who recruit, equip, and oversee their own specific teams
- Lead a large group of volunteers and paid Sunday morning teachers in planning and conducting a comprehensive youth ministry, including specific leaders for each department: nursery, toddler, pre-k, kids church, junior high, high school, outreach events, special FX services, etc.
- Meet monthly for an all-hands meeting of ministry volunteers
Our Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vibrant, personal, and growing relationship with Him, as evidenced by attitude and behavior
- Degree or comparable experience relevant to the job: BA/BS in education, children’s or family ministry, pastoral care, or related church ministry preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a pastor of a Children, Student, and/or Family Ministry preferred
- Familiarity with the Orange Strategy of youth ministry a must!
- Ability to manage a growing children and student ministry (around 100 kids per week)
- Ability to train and coordinate a large team of ministry volunteers
- Must demonstrate strong organization and communication skills
- Needs to be capable of self-direction (our pastoral staff currently works remotely) and demonstrate leadership
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure
- Vibrant personality that demonstrates natural magnetism with children and volunteers
- Send your resume to Angela at Angela@CapitalLife.org with the subject line of “Family Ministries Pastor Position” along with a short video introducing yourself to us and why you’re the best candidate for the position (simple is fine!).