This month our world prayer focus is on the continent of Africa. Below [as well as on our PRAYER WALL] you’ll find information on how you can be praying for a few specific African countries. We also had special guests and missionaries to Niger, Neal & Danette Childs with us in service this past Sunday. CLICK HERE to find out more about their ministry in Niger, and be sure to watch or listen to Neal’s message on Breakthrough on our Messages page here on the website, or on the CLC App.
- Pray for the specialist Christian ministries in Niger
- Pray for government; for divinely placed leadership that would make godly decisions and further development.
- Pray that the basic needs of communities would be met.
- Pray against government corruption that would lead to political unrest
- Pray for the women in the Niger Delta who suffer from many forms of discrimination and exclusion
- Pray for the continued spread of the gospel. (Poverty and illiteracy are severe limitations)
- Civil war
- Natural disasters
- Remains one of the world’s poorest nations
- Personal brokenness also persists as many have been traumatized by the violence, deprivation and recent terrorist attacks in protestant churches.
- Contempt, mistrust and deep-seated hurts and fears among peoples
- Pray that the Church might lead the way by living out the truth of oneness in Christ Jesus
- Rape and violent crime rates are alarmingly high
- Pray for those working for justice and for people’s safety
- Revival and growth to be sustained and for divisions and carnality to be avoided.
- The Church must minister as the poor to the poor; pray for creative solutions to the challenges this brings.
- Continued unity and cooperation among Christian leaders especially for the Evangelical Churches Fellowship (ECFE), which represents the majority of evangelicals in the country – only 3% of evangelical churches are regarded as being “mission-mobilized.”